[SlugBug] Re: Suggestions

Matthew Collins matthew at janes.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 15 23:05:45 BST 2003

I have a couple of suggestions after reading what's been written so far.

1. No moderators, or moderators only used for exceptionally large
messages. We can decide a size later.

2. Why ban people?

Seriously. What possible reason could we have for banning somebody? If
somebody takes a dislike to what somebody else is saying, they have the
option of ignoring them, or filtering them out.

Other than a crapflooder, I can think of no reason to ban or unsubscribe
somebody from the list. That sort of behaviour is partly what got us
into the need for a fork in the first place.

I've got plenty of other ideas, but I'll save them for later.

Things to do.

Decide on a definate name. I like slugbug :) sylug is also pretty good.

Something I would suggest. I know a lot of people are unhappy with the
way that sheflug was run. Rightly (in my opinion) or wrongly the
decision to fork has been made. It's now time to move on. Personally
(unless I get unsubscribed) I'm going to stay on the sheflug mailing
list, because I think South Yorkshire is big enough to house more than
2 lugs.

Please, lets be mature about this. Leave personal insults and flame wars
off *both* lists.

As long as this list takes off (I'm going to try /my/ hardest to make
sure it does) I'm going to be an active contributer.

Looking forward to a more open lug :)