[SlugBug] where to put applications

pault pault at burngreave.net
Sat Aug 23 13:04:45 BST 2003

Mornin' buggers

First pot of coffee's done and more exploring to be done. I've managed to install Syndigator
properly and it's OKish [not being able to paste a URL into a new feed dialog is rubbish
though].

Have also been looking at the Straw <http://www.nongnu.org/straw/> pages and it seems more
powerful and nearer to what I want.

Before I get too carried away though... [note: my background is Mac/Mac OS X]. I'm
downloading bits and pieces and on my Mac OS X machine I would then move them into the
"Applications" folder. Where should I put these then? I don't want my home folder cluttered
with applications and I know this is not good practice anyway.

pault
--
pault <mailto:pault at burngreave.net>
<http://www.burngreave.net/~pault/>