[SlugBug] sydingator install problem

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Sat Aug 23 10:12:49 BST 2003

Quoting Chris Croome <chris at croome.net>:

> On Fri 22-Aug-2003 at 10:56:19PM +0100, Paul Taylor wrote:
> > Quoting Chris Croome <chris at croome.net>:
> >
> > > Yeah, if you are using CPAN then you should also use the
> > > source version of this perl application -- the RPM database
> > > has no way of knowing what has been installed using CPAN.

Look whats top of my list of syndigator-ed slashdot this morning

"KPLUG President Kevin Pedigo has just announced his latest project -- RPMPAN,
an archive of CPAN Perl modules in RPM format, generated nightly."

AED
--
"Ideas improve. The meaning of words participates in the improvement.
Plagiarism is necessary. Progress implies it. It embraces an author's phrase,