[SlugBug] Meeting Minutiae, Rules

James Wallbank james at lowtech.org
Fri Aug 22 12:48:41 BST 2003

Hello All,

It seems as if the offer to host Slugbug meetings in Access Space is
generally approved - though I notice a deciding factor was the proximity
of a pub!

Access Space reopens on September 2nd, and I'd like to suggest a
"sample" meeting timetable - what do you think?

I'd suggest occasional Saturday afternoons. We're planning to have a
Linux Install Fest on Saturdays about every six weeks or so, so perhaps
sometimes these could be combined with Slugbugging. By aiming for a
meeting time around, say, 5pm we could take advantage of Access Space's
normal timetable, which is to close at 7pm. This would leave two
possibilities:

(1) The opportunity for Linux/BSD network experimentation without the
need to maintain network uptime.
(2) The opportunity for public house experimentation at the Rutland
Arms, opposite, which has a very nice garden.

Does Saturday afternoon sound a good meeting time?

Second - rules. They all sound very civilised to me. Just one thing,
though. Sometimes we run Linux related workshops in Access Space which
SlugBuggers might be interested in. I hope my drawing your attention to
a URL where these workshops will be timetabled doesn't count as
advertising!

Cheers,

James
--