[SlugBug] Collective terminology question - and an offer!

Neil R Porter n.r.porter at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 21 18:06:05 BST 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 13:26, David Holden wrote:
> On Thursday 21 Aug 2003 1:09 pm, James Wallbank wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I was going to start this email "Hello Slugbuggers", but it doesn't
> > sound very appropriate. So I have an initial question - what is the
> > collective term for SlugBug list participants?
> >
> > What this email was really going to be about was an offer. Would you
> > like to organise SlugBug meetings in Access Space? As what we believe to
> > be THE UK'S FIRST Linux powered open access media lab, we think it's
> > more than appropriate that we contribute something to the SlugBug mix.
> >
> > And because we have an informal, city centre space equipped with a Linux
> > network, we thought that we'd offer what we've got. Alternatively, (or
> > as well) we'd be happy to host a SlugBug website on our very fine shared
> > servers. What do you say? Oh, another thing, too. We're looking to start
> > a series of Linux Install days once every six weeks or so, on Saturdays
> > from October. Would you like to take part?
> >
> > Good luck with the list.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > James
> > =====
>

> Sounds great, I'd come. With regard to hosting isn't Neil Porter looking into
> this?

I've done more than that.  I've registered slugbug.org.uk and am
currently hosting it on a box as I said I would.  However, don't all
eagerly rush there in anticipation of greatness, as there's nothing
there yet, because, as far as I know, we still haven't decided what
should be there!?

Perhaps I should at least stick up a list of resources - i.e. a link to
this list, a link to the wiki rules (where are those again?) and a bit
of info regarding the pub meet (if one comes off).

I am here to serve (pun intended, ahem), so please use me, but don't
abuse me (much).

I like slugbuggers too lol

Neil
--