[SlugBug] Collective terminology question - and an offer!

Bill Best bill at commedia.org.uk
Thu Aug 21 16:38:06 BST 2003

Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:

>>Hello All,
>>
>>I was going to start this email "Hello Slugbuggers", but it doesn't
>>sound very appropriate. So I have an initial question - what is the
>>collective term for SlugBug list participants?
>

> But I like slugbuggers!

well you're french  ;o)

actually, i've no problem with slugbuggers but we could have a sloth of
slugbuggers, or if we're really on form, a sleuth of slugbuggers.

>>What this email was really going to be about was an offer. Would you
>>like to organise SlugBug meetings in Access Space? As what we believe to
>>be THE UK'S FIRST Linux powered open access media lab, we think it's
>>more than appropriate that we contribute something to the SlugBug mix.
>

> /me would rather go to some pub for our meetings, we could make it THE
> UK'S FIRST pub which has a bunch of drunken slugbuggers in it! :-)

we need a boozer with a wireless broadband connection... hmmm, sounds
like my idea of heaven  :o)

i've heard that the rutland (opposite access space) has adsl so we could
persuade them to let us stick an access point in there.

anyone else know of any broadband boozers ???  let's start the 'british
broadband boozer' campaign - try saying that after four pints of bishops
finger...

bb