[SlugBug] W3M

Beneath ishikodzume at beneath.plus.com
Fri Aug 8 18:43:42 BST 2003

Hi,

Anyone tried W3M? It's not often i come across a piece of software i
feel like spontaneously recommending to people, but this is one of them.

http://w3m.sourceforge.net/

It's a text mode browser... started life as a pager, but turned into
something about 50 times better than links or lynx.

- Tabbed browsing
- SSL
- Cookies
- Tables and frames
- Rendering looks a lot nicer laid out than links
- Navigate by moving the cursor around the screen instead of it jumping
from link to link, the latter of which annoys the hell out of me.
- Will actually let me post on forums without bringing back a host not
vaild message from the server, which Links will never do :)
- Infinately configurable

Anyone tried it?
With this, plus NAIM and xchat-text, i'll never need to use X again :)

 - Daniel

-=-=-=-
PGP: http://spacecake.hypermart.net/pgp/ishikodzume.pubkey.asc