[SlugBug] slugbug.org.uk - what do you want!?

Neil R Porter n.r.porter at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 8 10:54:40 BST 2003

Hi All

After some discussion with list owners etc. I've now registered
slugbug.org.uk on behalf of us all.  I have a lot of spare bandwidth
(40gig/month should be fine for this) on a spare server, so will be
hosting it on there.

As for what is on there, well that's up to you lot!

We have, PHP 4.3.1 (I know I know, I will update it to 4.3.2 soon),
MySQL 4.0.12 (again... 4.0.14 soon - honest), and all the other usual
trappings of a server.  But crucially, for us, I actually manage it,
which means we have complete control over exactly what we want - unlike
other hosting 'packages' out there.  It's a dedicated Ensim box at
Rackshack for those that are interested - no you can't have any of my
Dual Xeon Plain Redhat boxes :P :)

So, now it's up to you, I've registered it, pointed it at my DNS and am
ready to host whatever you guys (n gals?) want.

All the best

Neil
--
Neil R Porter <n.r.porter at btinternet.com>