[Shefflea-broadband] Music streaming sites

Wynne Andy Andy.Wynne at sheffield.gov.uk
Fri Jun 19 08:41:00 GMT 2009

Colleagues,

YHGfL have advised us that a number of music streaming sites (notably
(we7.com) are generating quite a lot of traffic into the network and
asked for the views of Local Authorities on potentially blocking this
and similar sites (they are currently allowed by the filtering
solution). It is hard to see much educational justification for such
sites, but I would like to consult you for views on the issue.

Your considered thoughts & ideas are welcome.

Many thanks,

Andy Wynne

====================
Andy Wynne
e-Learning Development Adviser
Learning & Achievement Service
Sheffield City Council
Tel: 0114 293 0978 (Bannerdale)
Tel: 0114 273 5473 (Derwent House)
Tel: 07814 610 703 (Mobile)

The information in this email is
intended for the addressee(s) only.
If you are not the addressee, please
tell us by using the reply facility
in your email software as soon as
possible.
Sheffield City Council cannot accept
any responsibility for the accuracy
or completeness of this message as it
has been transmitted over a public
network. If you suspect that the
message may have been intercepted or
amended please tell us as soon as
possible.
Sheffield City Council may monitor all email passing through its networks.