[Shefflea-broadband] Internet update

Andy Wynne awynne at ssclc.net
Wed Jun 13 14:41:07 BST 2007

Colleagues,

You will be aware that the service was restored late this morning. We
identified the sources of suspicious traffic and have isolated thos
networks, and traffic levels returned to somewhere near normal by about
11:30 am.

We are continuing to work with the schools who are currently off the
network, with the aim of getting everyone back on as soon as possible, and
we are putting in additional network monitoring capability at the FirVale
core switch so that we can improve our ability to respond to incidents like
this in the future.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Andy Wynne

=========
Andy Wynne
Sheffield South CLC & Sheffield Schools Broadband Project
awynne at ssclc.net www.ssclc.net
T: 0114 258 7728
F: 0114 258 7592
M: 07771 578234