[Shefflea-broadband] ISP migration - Sheffield

Andy Wynne awynne at ssclc.net
Fri Feb 2 13:40:17 GMT 2007

All,

This is to update you on the migration of Sheffield schools to the new ISP
service through the Yorkshire & Humber Grid for Learning.

We have now successfully migrated 5 sites - on secondary, 2 primaries and 2
CLCs. We now wishe to move forward with more schools, though to be prudent
we want to make the next phase smaller than the original 60 schools
identified, and we want to concentrate on secondary schools that wish to
begin hosting services and providing remote access from home. I know a
number of schools represented on this list have been in touch about this
over recent weeks.

The proposal is to begin to move the second phase of schools (we expect to
move up to 15 schools in this phase) early during week beginning 5 February.
Once migrated, we can then begin to put in the reverse proxy (including SSL)
and VPN services.

You will need to be available to work with the technical team at YHGfL
during the first part of next week, though, as previously stated, the
initial migration will take place without any configuration change in your
school.

If you would like to be included in this phase, please email me as soon as
possible. If you could briefly summarise the services you want to host, that
would be helpful in getting an idea of the scope of work to be done.

Many thanks,

Andy

=========
Andy Wynne
Sheffield South CLC & Sheffield Schools Broadband Project
awynne at ssclc.net
www.ssclc.net
T: 0114 258 7728
F: 0114 258 7592