[Shefflea-broadband] Mirapoint email

Andy Wynne awynne at ssclc.net
Wed Feb 22 08:53:43 GMT 2006

All,

I hope you can help me with some information.

A number of schools took up the BT "Mirapoint" email solution a couple of
years ago, before the tendering process that led to the adoption by Shffield
CYPD (LEA) of the Digital Brain system that is currently being rolled out.
We are currently working with a number of schools to move them off the
Mirapoint service so that we can close it down. So far we have identified
schools by DNS tag host through Nominet, and we are aware of Hinde House,
Bradfield and Firth Park. The purpose of this email is to check whether
anyone else is using Mirapoint, either using a different domain or simply by
hosting DNS elsewhere and pointing MX records to Mirapoint. Surprisingly BT
don't seem to be able to provide use with this information easily!

If you are using Mirapoint and not on the list above, please contact me by
email as soon as possible.

Many thanks,

Andy

=========