[sheffield-coops] Sheffield Student Housing Co-op Launch Party

Gareth Roberts gareth.roberts at regather.net
Tue Nov 19 16:12:10 GMT 2013

Rosie, Jamie and Roy requested info about their forthcoming event be shared
far & wide - so here we go....

Sheffield Student Housing Co-op Launch Party!

SATURDAY 23rd NOVEMBER at 7PM
The Wilson Room
Upstairs at The University Arms
197 Brook Hill, S3 7HG Sheffield

https://www.facebook.com/events/174930759366083

Come down to the Wilson Room, upstairs at the University Arms, to help us
celebrate the official launch of Sheffield Student Housing Co-op.

We've got clips from co-op films to show you, music to play to you, and we
will have real life co-operators to talk about their experiences. We want
an open discussion about the Sheffield Student Housing Co-op. Is it wanted?
Is it needed? Is it possible? Come down, meet like minded interesting folk
and join the debate.

A student housing Co-op would aim to buy houses as a group and use the rent
to pay off the mortgage instead of the money going into the landlord's
pocket. It's a way of getting cheaper rents for students, creating a
community and living in better quality houses.

Saturday's program of proceedings:

7.00 - Intro from Sheffield Student Housing Co-op
7.30 - TALK from Brambles and Fireside Housing Co-ops
7.45 - MUSIC from Oli Summerling
8.00 - FILM CLIP No.1
8.15 - TALK from Steve Thompson from Yorkshire Co-operative Resource centre
8.30 - MUSIC from Roy and Al
8.45 - TALK about N.American Students For Co-operation (NASCO)
9.00 - FILM CLIP No.2
9.15 - TALK and open discussion about the future of Sheffield Student
Housing Co-operative