[sheffield-coops] RSVP - Rochdale Pioneers Workshop on Sunday

Gareth Roberts gareth.roberts at regather.net
Fri Jul 5 13:15:07 GMT 2013

Hello all, you are invited to join us for an afternoon of cream tea and
discussion this Sunday for the following event at Regather Works, please
RSVP so we can have an idea of numbers (and scones!).....

"Who Were the Rochdale Pioneers? - A Short History of the Co-Operative
Movement"

Workshop with Co-Op Film Archive film footage and discussion around the
history and development of the co-operative values and principles that were
introduced by the Rochdale Pioneers. We will be addressing the advantages
and disadvantages of co-operative working and how the values and principles
have developed and made the difference between success and failure of the
co-operative movement. Discussion to be led by co-operator and Sheffielder
Steve Thompson - elected to the Co-operative Group South Yorkshire &
Chesterfield Area Committee and the North Regional Board.

Cream tea with Regather-made scones and jam
3pm Sunday 7 July 2013
Regather Co-operative, 57-59 Club Garden Road, S11 8BU