[sheffield-coops] Leeds Bread C-op are looking for new co-op members

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Fri Aug 23 12:38:37 GMT 2013

Hi

Passing on for info.

All the best

Chris

----- Forwarded message -----

Dear friends,

Leeds Bread Co-op in Woodhouse, Leeds is a artisan bakery, making slow
fermented loaves, many of which are sourdough, all are slowly fermented,
and we will soon to be making patisserie.

We are looking for 2 new members to help us
-grow and increase sales and so create more co-op jobs
-become a better co-op
-increase availability of good bread in yorkshire
-develop baking classes and a volunteer program
-add patisserie products to our range of breads

Leeds Bread Co-op started in summer 2012. We funded the bakery with
loanstock, a grant and a crowdfunding scheme and have been in production
since 5th July 2013. The bakery is located in an industrial unit on an
trading estate just off Meanwood Road. We sell our bread at markets, to
wholesale customers and through a bread subs scheme.

We're looking for entrepreneurial, co-operative people, able to work 2-3
days/week on a low wage initially, perhaps supplemented by tax credits
or another part-time job. As the business grows then we will increase
the wage.

The deadline for applications is 3pm, 6th September. Interviews will be
held the following week.
For information about Leeds Bread Co-op, about the jobs and the skills
needed and about the application procedure, go to:

www.leedsbread.coop/worker

If you want to speak to someone about the co-op or would like a copy of
the business plan, please email info at leedsbread.coop or call Zig on 0113
262 5155.

----- End forwarded message -----

--