[Sfcupdate] Reminder & more info: Leeds Meet-Up and Manchester Conference

Students for Cooperation contact at students.coop
Wed Jan 14 12:46:55 GMT 2015

Hi everyone!

*24th Jan: NATIONAL MEET-UP, LEEDS*

    Just to let you all know there are still plenty of *sleeping spaces*
    available on Friday and Saturday night for the Leeds national
    meet-up (Sat 24th Jan, more info:
    http://www.students.coop/january-2015-delegates-meeting/), so if you
    want somewhere to sleep give us a shout and we can organize that for
    you. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can arrange
    everything and of course let us know if you have any specific
    requirements.

    Please make sure you *complete the registration form* if you plan to
    attend:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NcaY1k2J2Kiy9OvEOznMawnF3Y39gWJP0wAx0ye9aN4/viewform

    *Leeds University Union* (the venue) is very central and around a 20
    minute walk from the Leeds city station, there are directions at the
    end of this email.

    There is also money available to cover *travel expenses*. We'll also
    be organising a travel pool to share the cost of travel. Please also
    encourage your co-op or students' union to cover your travel if
    possible. Please book ASAP to reduce costs.

    Alongside training and organising, the Leeds national meet-up will
    include a *Delegate's Meeting*. Students for Co-operation is owned
    and controlled by student co-ops. These meetings are how your co-op
    can feed into decisions on the work SfC does to support you. /Don't
    miss out - make sure your co-op sends people along!/

*23rd Jan: WAYS FORWARD 3 CONFERENCE, MANCHESTER*

    The day before our meeting in Leeds, there is a*fantastic co-op
    conference* down the road in Manchester (Friday 23rd Jan). There
    will be some really interesting workshops and speakers from across
    the globe, with a particular focus on student and youth co-operation.

    /We strongly recommend going along/. There will be a bunch of us
    from across the student co-op movement, so you won't be alone! We'll
    then be heading over to Leeds that evening, where free accommodation
    is available. More info:
    http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/ways-forward-3-a-new-era-for-co-operative-development-tickets-14243421457

    There are *free spaces* at the conference for student co-op'ers,
    simply email jo at cbc.coop to reserve.

/See you very soon!/

Chantal & Mike

---

Mike: 07540248868

*Directions to Leeds University Union:*

Come out of Leeds station into City square; with the Queens Hotel behind
you, walk straight up Park Row. Continue up Park Row until the first
major junction. Cross straight over The Headrow and continue up
Cookridge Street. At the next set of lights go straight on passing
Millennium Square on your left and Leeds City Museum on your right. Turn
left on to Woodhouse Lane, a busy main road. You'll pass Leeds
Metropolitan University on your left and Leeds University campus begins
in another 50 metres or so, on your left. You'll be able to look at a
map of campus there and plan where to go next. You're heading for Leeds
University Union. There is also a city bus which stops at the bus and
train stations and the southern end of campus (near the back of Leeds
General Infirmary A&E) every 10 minutes from 6.30 am - 7.30 pm Monday to
Saturday. See you all soon!