[Sfcupdate] Jan 24th: National meet-up and Delegates Meeting in Leeds!

Students for Cooperation contact at students.coop
Wed Jan 7 14:25:12 GMT 2015

Hello student co-op'ers!

We would like to invite you all to the Students for Cooperation January
2015*national meet-up and **Delegates Meeting* in *Leeds* University
Union on *Saturday 24th January*:
http://www.students.coop/january-2015-delegates-meeting/. /All are welcome!/

Students for Co-operation (www.students.coop <http://www.students.coop>)
is a national federation of over 30 student co-operatives of all shapes
and sizes from across the UK - from bike maintenance workshops, to
volunteer-run veg-bag schemes, right up to a 106-bed housing co-op.

We are having a day to discuss ideas on how student cooperatives can
better support one another logistically and financially, how we can help
new co-ops get started, and to form national working groups to achieve
these goals. This will be a fantastic opportunity to learn from one
another, make useful contacts across our movement, and to help your
co-operative prosper. The programme so far includes a Delegates Meeting,
a facilitation training workshop, working group organising, structured
group discussions and a social.

The *Delegates Meeting* is the sovereign decision making body of SfC. It
is made up of two delegates from each member student co-op. So please
ensure your co-op sends at least two people to ensure SfC is working for
you! More details are available on the website
<http://www.students.coop/january-2015-delegates-meeting/>.

  * Free entry
  * Affordable food
  * Travel Pool

Please *make sure you complete the registration form* *ASAP*:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NcaY1k2J2Kiy9OvEOznMawnF3Y39gWJP0wAx0ye9aN4/viewform

There is free accommodation available. This will be allocated on a needs
basis, inc. for accessibility needs, for delegates representing student
co-ops, by distance to travel. If there is not sufficient accommodation,
we may change the itinerary to allow more travelling time. We will also
be running a subsidised travel pool to help minimise costs for those
travelling from afar. Please approach your coop or students' union first
for funding travel costs!

We look forwards to seeing you in Leeds! Please do not hesitate to
contact us with any questions and add any ideas or general questions to
the SfC Loomio:
https://www.loomio.org/d/9F7D1VdP/january-2015-delegates-meeting.

Please do *forward this on* to others in your co-ops or anyone and
everyone who you think may be interested!

Annmarie Clay
Green Action Leeds
07714220196

Mike Shaw