[ptx] What does PTmender mean to hugin?

Daniel M. German dmgerman at uvic.ca
Wed May 3 02:30:49 BST 2006

 Ippei UKAI twisted the bytes to say:

 >> I think they can co-exist. Command line tools are good for testing and
 >> batch processing.

 Ippei> I see. It sounds like libpano is going to gain the new functionality
 Ippei> currently in PTcommon.c. That means hugin can directly benefit from
 Ippei> it then. Do you think this is going to happen before 0.6 release?

 Ippei> Ippei

I just inspected the code.

The main function that does the work in PTmender is CreatePanorama:

int CreatePanorama(fullPath ptrImageFileNames[], int counterImageFiles, fullPath *panoFileName, fullPath *scriptFileName)

It is not that different from running PTmender from the command
line. At this point the parameters have been supposed to have been
verified, and the script parsed and checked for consistency.

I think that is all that is needed by hugin (plus the callback to the
Progress function, I think the code for that is already in
panotools). The script will determine the type of processing expected,
and the format of the output.

By the way, CreatePanorama is not reentrant (in its current
incarnation). Is this an issue?

--
Daniel M. German
http://turingmachine.org/