[ptx] Hugin OSX working well

dmg dmgerman at uvic.ca
Mon May 1 07:57:26 BST 2006

I finally had a chance to test Ippei's build for OS X.

It was great. Not a single crash in a one-row, hand-held panorama I
was making (5 pictures). Nothing great, it was just a test, but it
worked well.

The real test was an early 27 photos 360x180 panorama I created some
time ago. I wanted to see how the different projections looked like:

http://turingmachine.org/~dmg/temp/tests/cylindrical.jpg
http://turingmachine.org/~dmg/temp/tests/equirectangular.jpg
http://turingmachine.org/~dmg/temp/tests/mercator.jpg
http://turingmachine.org/~dmg/temp/tests/rectilinear.jpg
http://turingmachine.org/~dmg/temp/tests/sinusoidal.jpg
http://turingmachine.org/~dmg/temp/tests/stereographic.jpg
http://turingmachine.org/~dmg/temp/tests/transverseMercator.jpg

These were all "draft" quality (1024 pixel wide). I should try running
each again with the full size image (80k x 80k pixels).

The only minor comment:

I got an error message that Tranverse Cylindrical was not
supported. That was ok. But after I had selected this projection (and
got the errors--several of them), and I tried to change to another
projection (mercator, for instance) I still go the same error.

BTW, I really like the merctor projection. It avoids to squish the top
and bottom of the picture. It gives it a natual look. I shall try it
with some architectural panoramas to see how they look.

Thanks to all!

--
Daniel M. German                  "Compared to the real life,
                                   even the best on-line "virtual spaces"