[ptx] new command line tool for vignetting, radial distortion and TCA correction

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Sun Mar 12 21:18:01 GMT 2006

On Fri 10-Mar-2006 at 18:28 +0100, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:

> Either the lens behaves stranger than I thought, or the data is not good
> enought to fit a 4th degree polynomial to it. Is your image corrected well
> at all radi?

I'll have to check, I won't be using that machine again until
Thursday.  It is perfectly possible I just got lucky on my first
try.

I would expect strange correction curves.  Since most of the
complication in a compound lens is there to correct for chromatic
aberration, what we are left with isn't going to be simple.

> > That's it, in principle these parameters should be the same for all
> > future pictures taken with the same lens combination.
>
> Yes, I think so too..

Though apparently it is dependent on the focus distance as well.

--
Bruno