[ptx] moving target sequence from a stitched panorama?

Mikko Rapeli mikko.rapeli at iki.fi
Wed Jun 28 11:31:26 BST 2006

(I'm not subscribed so keep my address in the replies, thanks)

Hello,

I took a few action shots with a digital camera and stiched them into a
nice panorama with Hugin. I'd like to create a sequence shot like this
http://www.freeride.se/img/photo/normal/89c78a0a201e12232630a3c9aa7b7786.jpg
from the panorama. Currently I'm cutting holes into the layers in Gimp
to show the target, but that is pretty laborious and error prone, as you
can see in http://kapsi.fi/~mcfrisk/temp/seq.jpg or in full resolution
http://kapsi.fi/~mcfrisk/temp/seq2.jpg .

Are there ways to automate this process?

Hugin can view the differences in a stitched panorama, and that's
exactly what I'd like to 'burn' through all the layers with some minor
polishing in Gimp.

-Mikko