[ptx] Colour management in PTmender: keeping the colour profile information

Hal V. Engel hvengel at astound.net
Wed Jun 14 17:45:55 BST 2006

On Wednesday 14 June 2006 09:26, dmg wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I just received my Gretag Macbeth Eye-one display and it is like
> opening a can of worms. PTmender does not keep colour profile
> information (or any metadata, as a matter of fact).
>
> Last night I was working with a nicely saturated photo, and those
> colours disappeared until I reassign the profile within photoshop.
>
> I have read TIFF and JPEG headers in the past, but I don't know where
> the colour profile information is. Does anybody know?
>
> I'll probably start working on this (I know, there are other parts
> that need attention, like feathering and colour correction) but this
> is more important to me at the time.  I'll also add the ability to
> copy the exif data from source images to destination images.
>

> daniel

Enblend already supports color profiles if there are profiles in the files
going to enblend.  I suspect that you could have a look at the enblend code
and know the answer to at least how this is handled with TIFF files.  Also
ImageMagick will has a utility to add, delete or apply color profiles to
images (convert profile ...) and this should have code for embedding profiles
into just about any image file type that support color profiles.  You might
have a look at its code.