[ptx] 360deg Pano error? (CVS)

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Fri Jun 9 07:47:33 BST 2006

Peter Suetterlin schrieb:
>   Hi Pablo,
>
> Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
>> Peter Suetterlin schrieb:

>>> One more refinement:
>>> 'cvs up -D 2006-03-04' also gives me a correctly working nona.
>>> So it's something in the changes commited March 4...
>> Thanks for tracking this bug!
>>
>> Hmm, strange, I tried to locate the differences between March 4 and March 5
>> by running:
>>
>> cvs diff -R -u -D 2006-03-04 -D 2006-03-06
>>
>> but no differences where found.
>
> Weird.  I did check with 'cvs log -d "2006-03-04<2006-03-05" | less'

Maybe I have used the wrong cvs arguments...

What is even more weired is that I can't reproduce the your problem, with
the .pto file you send.

>> However, I tried to reproduce the bug using a 360x120 deg pano and failed.
>
> Hmm, can it be a header file problem?  My system is not the most
> up-to-date one (SuSE 9.2) - maybe some of the used system header files
> give rise to this error?  (Sorry if I ask stupid things - I'm not a
> programmer, or at least not a C++ one....)
>
> But at least I'm not the only one seeing this
>
> Sebastien, you saw it, too - what System do you run?

I have recently upgraded from ubuntu breezy to ubuntu dapper, and it workes
fine on both systems. Really strange. WHich version of libtiff are you using?

>> Can you send me the .pto file, so that I can reproduce it?
>
> I attach one (does it help you without images?), but it happens with
> any 360 panorama, and also (just) in the preview...

I have just used another image with the same size, and I didn't notice any
border...

> If you want me to test stuff, or need more info I'll do whatever I can.

Thanks. Right now I don't have any idea what could cause this.

Also I'll probably be unreachable by email for at least the next 14 days
(honeymoon :-)