[ptx] SIGABRT again: autoconf 2.6 issue

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Sat Jul 22 20:40:06 BST 2006

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) schrieb:

> Today I rebuilt Hugin after updating from the CVS (ChangeLog 1.62).
>
> First I was not able to build the configure script: the bootstrap script
> wants autoconf 2.5x and Debian Sid has now 2.60.
> I've edited the script to allow 2.60 and I managed to build a binary.
>
> But after installing the package, I got the SIGABRT again. And again, I
> was able to run Hugin from the directory it was built.
>
> As I had edited bootstrap, I reverted to and older version of autoconf
> (2.59). I rebuilt Hugin and it works as expected.

Hmm, I have to check this issue in more detail. I'm not a autoconf expert,
but somehow hardcoding the installation path into config.h from ./configure
doesn't work anymore. Maybe there is a way around it by setting the defines
during compilation...

Until then, only autoconf 2.59 (and not even 2.59e) should be used for
compilation of hugin. Or if it is not available, edit ~/.hugin to include a
line like this:

xrc_path=/my/install/prefix/share/hugin/xrc