[ptx] few problems with libboost-thread-dev installing hugin.

potti potti at skamot.com
Mon Jul 10 11:54:01 BST 2006

hi!

I'm triying to install hugin using Rob Park guide but when i'm doing
the ./configure command over hugin i get this error :

boost found
checking whether the Boost::Thread library is available... no
configure: error:
        the boost thread library must be installed on your system
        but configure could not find it. Use --with-boost to
        specify the location of the boost library and
        --with-boost-version to specify your version.
        On debian based systems, install libboost-thread-dev

then i use :

$ ./configure --with-boost=/usr/lib --with-boost-version=1.33.1

but i get the same error. the Boost library are installed.

After this I try to uninstall libboost-thread-dev whit :

$ sudo apt-get remove --purge libboost-thread-dev

and I tryed to install it another time with

$sudo apt-get install libboost-thread-dev bcp

When I do the configure command again i get the same error :

boost found
checking whether the Boost::Thread library is available... no
configure: error:
        the boost thread library must be installed on your system
        but configure could not find it. Use --with-boost to
        specify the location of the boost library and
        --with-boost-version to specify your version.
        On debian based systems, install libboost-thread-dev

how i can repair it? any idea?

Thanks

-Potti