[ptx] error compiling hugin on x86_64 (fedora fc4)

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Fri Feb 10 08:11:02 GMT 2006

Hi all,

> I get exactly the same ./configure output as Hal:
>
>> checking for boost thread library... yes
>> checking for boost_thread library variant presence... no
>
> I also have these files present:
>
>  /usr/lib64/libboost_thread.a
>  /usr/lib64/libboost_thread.so -> libboost_thread.so.1.32.0
>  /usr/lib64/libboost_thread.so.1 -> libboost_thread.so.1.32.0
>  /usr/lib64/libboost_thread.so.1.32.0
>
> Ah, if I create a symlink into /usr/lib/ then ./configure finds the
> library:
>
>  checking for boost_thread library variant presence...
>  /usr/lib/libboost_thread.so
>
> ...obviously not an ideal solution.

Hmm, I didn't detect this, since my distribution (ubuntu) places all 64 bit
libs in libs and the 32 bit ones (if installed...) in lib32.

The autoconf macro for the boost detection is not trivial, since boost libs
sometimes encode the compiler name inside the library. But I suspect that a
more robust version could be written. However, I don't know enought of
autoconf/m4 to do this.

As a workaround, the lib64 paths are now also searched for the boost
library. I hope this should fixes the compile problems, as long as no
different build are installed in lib and lib64.