[ptx] Bumping version to 2.9.0

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Thu Apr 27 12:42:43 BST 2006

On Wed 26-Apr-2006 at 18:33 -0700, dmg wrote:

> Given the problems with the new symbols defined in panotools and hugin
> requiring them...

I've updated the version in CVS to 2.8.1 - Though we can go straight
to 2.9.0 if anyone is really keen to do so.

* There doesn't seem to be any pending stuff

* Nothing appears to be noticably broken

* The library should be binary compatible with previous versions

* hugin-0.6 will require 2.8.1 or later

Here's a first draft of a release announcement, hope I haven't
missed anything out:

Changes since 2.8.0
===================

Four new projection types have been added (Pablo d'Angelo)

* Stereographic

* Mercator

* Transverse mercator

* Sinusoidal

http://www.panotools.info/mediawiki/index.php?title=Projections

These work with existing versions of PTStitcher, PTmender and the
upcoming hugin-0.6.

Support for radiance 32bit float .hdr files (Thomas Rauscher)

A new API allows applications to optionally supply their own
callback functions for error and progress reporting (Pablo
d'Angelo).

The release includes version 0.4.0 of PTmender and PTblender
with some new features:

* Flattened TIFFs (Daniel M. German)

* JPEG and PNG output (Daniel M. German)

* Cropped TIFF output files (Max Lyons)

* LZW compressed output (Max Lyons)