[ptx] Adobe DNG format SDK

Daniel M. German dmgerman at uvic.ca
Mon Apr 24 22:53:10 BST 2006

 Kai-Uwe Behrmann twisted the bytes to say:

 Kai-Uwe> Am 24.04.06, 21:23 +0100 schrieb Bruno Postle:
 >> Apparently 16bit integer data isn't considered 'HDR', most applications that
 >> manipulate 16bit files just treat them as finer grained versions of 8bit data
 >> - These tools will generally do the wrong thing with the 16bit linear data as
 >> produced by dcraw (as they would with linear 8bit data).

 Kai-Uwe> You can specify a gamma for dcraw. The newer dcraw version has a good
 Kai-Uwe> white/blackpoint behaviour. Images look bright out of dcraw. Just
 Kai-Uwe> colour saturation has to been handled.

 Kai-Uwe> regards
 Kai-Uwe> Kai-Uwe Behrmann

Actually, this got me thinking.

If I could use the RAW data in hugin, then I could apply the panorama
transformations and RAW->whatever format is needed, so if I want very
high res pictures HDR or low res JPGs then I flip a switch and voila.
Thennn I don't have to create a different project for every resolution
I need to generate.

dmg

--
Daniel M. German                  "In questions of science the authority of
                                   a thousand is not worth the humble