[ptx] hugin CVS ./bootstrap fails

Hal V. Engel hvengel at astound.net
Thu Apr 20 23:23:12 BST 2006

On Thursday 20 April 2006 14:40, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
> Bruno Postle schrieb:
> > I guess there are some files missing from CVS:
>
> True. Unfortunately the cvs server seems to be down, so I can't upload
> them.
>
> Actually I'm not very impressed with the performance of the SF cvs
> repository at all. Maybe its time to switch to some other development
> platform, like savannah or gna. Does anybody know if their service is more
> stable?
>
> ciao
>   Pablo

My understanding is that SF is redoing their CVS offering to make it more
stable and to eliminate single point of failure issues.   CVS on SF has had
more than it's share of problems of late.   My understanding is that their
SubVersion offering is currently much better.  They claim that when CVS is
revamped that it should be comparable to SubVersion.  It is also my
understanding that moving your project from CVS to SubVersion should not be
too difficult.

Hal