[ptx] wxwin and gcc 4.0

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Thu Apr 20 09:11:41 BST 2006

Daniel M. German schrieb:
> Well, wxwin does not seem to compile with gcc version 4.0:
>
> [dmg at hydrogen:~/hacking/wxMac-2.6.3/osx-build] make
> ./bk-deps g++-4 -c -o basedll_appbase.o  -D__WXMAC__            -DwxUSE_GUI=0 -DWXMAKINGDLL_BASE -DwxUSE_BASE=1 -dynamic -fPIC -DPIC -DNO_GCC_PRAGMA -Ilib/wx/include/mac-ansi-release-2.6 -I../include -I/sw/include -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -fpascal-strings -I../src/mac/carbon/morefilex -I/Developer/Headers/FlatCarbon -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -I/sw/include -Wall -Wundef -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -fno-common ../src/common/appbase.cpp
> g++-4: unrecognized option '-no-cpp-precomp'
> cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option "-fpascal-strings"
> make: *** [basedll_appbase.o] Error 1
>

> And if I compile hugin with version 4.0 and wxwin with 3.3 then I get
> manging problems that result in undefined symbols (wxmac related, and
> these occur with another wxman application that I am using a test).
>
> I'm going to try to install gcc-3.4 and hope for the best.

Hmm, building on OSX seems to be more troublesome than I thought.

I had hoped that it would be possible to use the supplied compiler (by
apple) to build the stuff.

However, I don't know the details, for example if libraries installed with
fink are compatible with the apple gcc and can be used to create universal
binaries.

What were the problems with the apple supplied compiler? was ist just the
boost ublas stuff, or are other packages also affected?

The latest CVS does not require boost ublas anymore.