[ptx] Re: status of hugin et al on intel macs?

Axel Wernicke axel.wernicke at gmx.de
Wed Apr 19 21:14:06 BST 2006

Hi,

Bruno Postle wrote:
> On Fri 14-Apr-2006 at 18:00 -0600, Rob Park wrote:
>>
>> I'm currently considering ditching my linux PC for a new intel mac
>> mini. Just wondering if anybody has tried compiling hugin (and all
>> related tools; autopano-sift, enblend, etc) for the intel macs, and if
>> so, does it work?
>
> Ippei has an OS X universal binary package that should work on PPC and
> i386:
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/ippei_ukai/software/

Unfortunately it doesn't. I tried it a couple of days ago and this
package has really serious problems. Some seem to be wxWindow related
(Icons are wrong-colored), some might have other causes (optimizer
crashes as well as enblend does).
Probably Ippei just flipped *that* switch in the build panel but had no
chance for testing.
God news is, that the regular PPC version works pretty well on my
MacBook Pro (Intel)

greetings, lexA