[ptx] OSX Compiling

Daniel M. German dmgerman at uvic.ca
Tue Apr 18 19:08:06 BST 2006

 JD Smith twisted the bytes to say:

 JD> [...]

 JD> So you see it basically copies over the Emacs.app pieces, copies the
 JD> compiled executable into Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/, and then uses the
 JD> apple tool "Rez" to build the Emacs.rsrc resource fork (which goes in
 JD> Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/).  These ".r" files from which they are
 JD> compiled contain various bits of info, like icons, creator code, etc.  I
 JD> don't know how to make these files... perhaps there is another wxWidgets
 JD> program which has a native Mac build process which we could crib from?

I am going to start looking into it. Back in January I got as far as
being able to compile it without errors.  Hopefully tonight I can get
that far again.

I guess the first problem to solve is to find a simple wxWin app that
has a make file that compiles from the command line. It should exist
somewhere ;)

--
Daniel M. German                  "If I were stuck on a desert island with
                                   only one compiler