[ptx] OSX Compiling

Daniel M. German dmgerman at uvic.ca
Sun Apr 16 03:29:22 BST 2006

I am not going to try to answer this question, although I think that
Ippei is the ultimate expert on this. But I'll give my opinion on the
whole process.

It seems that the problem is some metadata/files that OS X needs to
run an executable that uses the Carbon user interface.  So you need to
use Xcode tools to generate them. From what I read once you have this
metadata you could compile command line, but I did not get that
far. I'll let Ippei elaborate on this issues.

At the end of last year I was successful on compiling Hugin on my
powerbook. It took a lot of patience from Ippei (to whom I am very
grateful).

The XCode version that I had in my laptop (I was traveling for several
months with my laptop only) was different from Ippei's (I have the old
10.3 in my laptop, and the latest XCode will not install on it) and I
had to recreate Hugin's XCode Project file from scratch. I find that
the XCode project files are not portable, unless you have exactly the
same directory structure in every machine. Hardly an optimal solution.

I am back home and I have not tried (yet) to compile Hugin on my G5 (I
just got an Intel Mini, but I haven't even unpacked it). I am one of
those that would rather use the command line than the complex XCode
user interface.

 JD Smith twisted the bytes to say:

--
Daniel M. German