[ptx] Projections (was Alternative fisheye projections)

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Thu Apr 6 23:22:01 BST 2006

Peter Gawthrop schrieb:
> I'd like to play around with other projections.  The idea is to
> stitch a rectilinear 2x1 and then project it to make it look good.
>
> So far, I have modified sphere-slicer.pl by Bruno Postle to do this
> for Mercator's projection (using formulae from
> http://mathworld.wolfram.com/topics/MapProjections.html). The problem
> is that it is slow. Before I plunge in to other projections, I would
> like to be sure I am on the right path.
>
> Do you thing perl is the correct approach? Or would modifying nona/hugin be
> a better approach? I guess the main issues for me are speed and
> interpolation quality.

Here is a patch that adds the mercator projection to libpano12.
just use f4 in the p line use it.

I have only tried using it with PTmender (should also work with PTStitcher).
It should also be possible to optimize mercator panos, but I haven't tested
it yet.

Support for it from within hugin and nona will follow later.

Are there any other interesting projections that should be included in
panotools?