[ptx] Projections (was Alternative fisheye projections)

brette at cinci.rr.com brette at cinci.rr.com
Thu Apr 6 17:47:21 BST 2006

Peter,

If you want fast, you probably don't want Perl.  Scrippting languages
are great for getting something up and running quickly, but they aren't
known for being quick to execute!  If you want speed, you need a
language like C.

If you need this widget to look like a Perl script for some reason, I'm
pretty sure you can call C/C++ stuff from Perl.

Some quick Googling (my favorite past time) revealed this:
http://www.unix.org.ua/orelly/perl/prog3/ch21_03.htm
which then lead to this:
http://www.swig.org/

Have fun!