[ptx] panoglview

rob steed rjsteed at talk21.com
Sun Sep 18 01:58:20 BST 2005

Hi,
Could someone tell me if panoglview can be compiled on
linux. I'm running a gentoo system and have wxGtk
2.4.2-r3.

First I tried compiling the 0.2 version but received
an error message of

panoapp.cpp: In member function `virtual bool
panoApp::OnInit()':
panoapp.cpp:42: error: conversion from `const
char[15]' to `const wxString' is
   ambiguous
/usr/include/wx/string.h:306: error: candidates are:
   wxString::wxString(wchar_t, unsigned int) <near
match>
/usr/include/wx/string.h:284: error:
wxString::wxString(int)
   <near match>

this I think is because of conflicts between unicode
and ansi versions of wxGtk. I tried ./configure
--with-unicode=no but that didn't work either.

Then I downloaded the cvs version. Only when I did
'./configure --with-unicode=yes' did it compile;
otherwise configure tries the command
wx-config--unicode --gl-libs and the opengl libraries
fail to get configured. The final program however
fails to run with an error message

The program 'panoglview' received an X Window System
error.
The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter
attributes)'.
  (Details: serial 412 error_code 8 request_code 144
minor_code 5)
  (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are
reported asynchronously;
   that is, you will receive the error a while after
causing it.
   To debug your program, run it with the --sync
command line
   option to change this behavior. You can then get a
meaningful
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the
gdk_x_error() function.)

One thing I wondered was if I could use
wxgtk2-2.4-config  rather than wxconfig
(wxgtk2u-2.4-config) when compiling the 0.2 version

If anyone could help me that would be great as
anoglview is great in windows but I tend to work in
linux and so...

thanks
Rob