[ptx] Panopano.com

Rik Littlefield rj.littlefield at computer.org
Wed Sep 14 05:04:36 BST 2005

David Grant wrote:

> Anyone know who can print panoramas? I go to
> http://www.abcphotocolour.com here in Vancouver for all my prints of
> 4x6, 8x10, etc.... You can see what kind of equipment they have from
> their webpage. Can any professional machine print on a continous
> sheet? ie. is the dimension only limited in one dimension? I wrote
> them an email but never heard back.

I use Calypso Imaging (http://www.calypsoinc.com/).  They're not cheap,
but their work is superb and highly repeatable, fully color managed.
Fuji Lightjet prints up to 48x96 inches, maybe bigger.   I've never
printed longer than 48 inches, so I get by with their "Preferred
Service" pricing which lists at $10.50 per square foot.  Shipping is
extra, and it's bombproof.  My stuff has always come flat, in the middle
of about 1 inch of corrugated cardboard.

I see that your abcphotocolour guys have similar equipment.  Do you
really need bigger than the 72" x 120" that they list?

--Rik