[ptx] artifacts when scrolling

Rob Park rbpark at gmail.com
Tue May 31 21:10:44 BST 2005

On 5/31/05, douglas wilkins <dgswilkins at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> It's the moving that is the real problem. I can't see any way around this.

Yeah, true. Anyway, it's a nonissue since XUL is inappropriate for
other reasons.

I would still consider XUL for other projects, since I find the
XML+CSS combination very attractive, but it doesn't work well for
hugin at least.

> > Being a GNOME bigot, actually, yes ;)
>
> What can I say to that? :-)
>
> We have to deal with platforms other than linux (and GNOME) though, so the
> other alternatives have to be considered :-)

Well, I know that GTK runs on Windows (that's how the gaim port
worked, at least), though I'm not sure about OSX. I know they can run
linux apps in X11 but I'm not sure if GTK can be made to run
"natively" in Aqua or whatever they call it (eg, outside of X11).

--
Urban Artography
http://artography.ath.cx