[ptx] Re: thoughts for hugin UI, post 0.5

Ippei UKAI ippei_ukai at mac.com
Mon May 30 17:52:56 BST 2005

On 30 May 2005, at 16:04, J. Schneider wrote:

> Jim Watters schrieb:
>
>> I don't like the idea of using a drop down list to switch between
>> all the different settings (Copies & Paper, Layout,
>> Output, ... ).  A drop down list should be mutually exclusive.
>> Make one choice and be done with it.  The drop down list hides the
>> other settings too much.  Tabs would be much move visible and
>> appropriate.   The choices should be visible and obvious; you
>> should not need to hold down the Ctrl key to see more options.
>>

> I Agree! This is why I don't like the Mac print dialogue.
> regards
> Joachim

Although I accept the approach of Print dialogue on Mac, I agree that
hugin do not need to use it.
Print dialogue uses choice instead of tab or grouping because the
print dialogue is meant to be small. hugin window can be at least
600x800 which is large enough to display things without many tabs
that cannot be fit in the window's width.

Regards,
Ippei

--
   My general MSN, AIM, and E-Mail: ippei_ukai at mac.com