[ptx] Re: thoughts for hugin UI, post 0.5

Rob Park rbpark at gmail.com
Fri May 27 20:59:41 BST 2005

On 5/27/05, Jim Watters <jwatters at photocreations.ca> wrote:

> > A page with all images (ca. 850 KB) is on
> > http://www.einem.net/ptx/print-dialog.htm
> > hope this helps
>
> I don't like the idea of using a drop down list to switch between all
> the different settings (Copies & Paper, Layout, Output, ... ).  A drop
> down list should be mutually exclusive.  Make one choice and be done
> with it.  The drop down list hides the other settings too much.  Tabs
> would be much move visible and appropriate.   The choices should be
> visible and obvious; you should not need to hold down the Ctrl key to
> see more options.

I agree completely, and so does the GNOME HIG. But, in the event where
there are too many tabs (such as on that print dialogue), the HIG
recommends using a list:

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/controls-notebooks.html

> I think Rob you have come a long way with
> http://artography.ath.cx/hugin-test.png

I know it looks good, but I'm not happy with the specific widgets
chosen to create that look, it's ugly and inflexible.

> The only change I would make is move projection above Horizontal and
> Vertical.  Some projections have limited FoV, so changing projection may
> change one or both of the FoV.

Not a bad idea.

Right now my goal is to get wxGlade working so that I can start
working with wx widgets and see what they can offer me compared to
straight GTK widgets, to see if they simplify anything.

--
Urban Artography
http://artography.ath.cx