[ptx] thoughts for hugin UI, post 0.5

Rob Park rbpark at gmail.com
Fri May 27 07:25:16 BST 2005

On 5/26/05, douglas wilkins <dgswilkins at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> They are not easy to find. What reccommendations are you struggling with.

Specifically:

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/controls-frames.html

Now it says that use of GtkFrame is essentially deprecated, that we
should use bolded labels and spacing instead of border lines around
stuff.

My problem is that I don't know what widgets to use in order to
accomplish this. if I use tables inside of GtkFrames, can I tell the
GtkFrame not to draw the border? If so, that's great, but then how do
I keep all the different tables aligned with each other (since the
labels on the left and the widgets on the right need to be aligned all
the way through the window, not just each frame). If NOT, then i
attempted to create a layout that used one big table all the way
through, and that did a good job of keeping everything aligned, but it
seemed like a messy solution, had other bad side effects, and felt
reminiscient of using tables for website layout in HTML 3.2 days (eg,
ugly, ugly code).

I mean, I read the HIG and I have a good idea of what the UI should
look and act like, but I just don't have a clue what widgets I should
be using, and how to use them, in order to effect this.

> Perhaps we need to add an "horizon offset" adjustment in the preview?

Anything to make the preview (and the output) have less
black/transparent space around it. Show only the panorama itself and
none of the emptiness around it.

What I mean is, if you add a "horizon offset", then you need to make
sure that the "Center" button automatically sets that setting so that
the preview is perfectly cropped to what the panorama is.

--
Urban Artography
http://artography.ath.cx