[ptx] thoughts for hugin UI, post 0.5

douglas wilkins dgswilkins at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 27 07:00:01 BST 2005

--- Jim Watters <jwatters at photocreations.ca> wrote:
> I prefer 6 over 5.  The layout is more readable.  The only thing I would
> change is to right justify the labels of horizontal, vertical and so
> forth down to compression.  I believe this is standard HCI for Mac but
> Windows is left justified.  Regardless I find it easier on the eyes with
> the labels right justified.

What ever else a Mac might be, its' user interfaces are normally pleasing to
the eye. Rob, have you looked at the Aqua UI guidelines?
[snip]
> Interpolator are handled by libpano12, and I don't believe that
> PTStitcher would stop new interpolators from being passed to libpano12
> to be processed if libpano12 could handle them.  But, there may be other
> things that PTStitcher can not do.

libpano is not the problem here. As far as I am aware, PTStitcher only accepts
a limited number of options, even if the the backend (libpano) can handle more.

> Depending on the Format that is selected there are different settings:
> Jpeg has a choice of progressing.  Others have a choice of feathering.
>
> I am not sure of the purpose of "Use the custom settings above:" except,
> may be to save different settings as presets.  If this is the case, then
> I would put this back to the top.  Change it to something like "current
> settings" or "my saved settings" and a button to save new or modified
> settings and a button to delete existing settings.

Currently we have a number of presets, but the idea of being able to save and
then use "my saved setting" is a nice one I think. The other option might be a
"default" pto project that is loaded, although this would require more
substantial changes.

regards,
Doug