[ptx] An introduction

Thu May 26 08:37:31 BST 2005

Hello, I wanted to introduce myself to this mailinglist.

I am Tijmen (aka IIVQ) and I live in Belgium (but I am and speak Dutch)

I use linux as my computing platform together with an canon ixus 430 and
sometimes a asahii pentax spotmatic s.

Doing a web search on panoramic tools for linux I found hints everywhere that
the combination of hugin, emblend and autopano(-sift) is the rumour
everyone's heard about to be good, so I installed the first two.

I am very satisfied with the results, but a little less satisfied with the
program of hugin itself: A lot of the more technical interface elements
themselves are abacadabra to the beginner, and it crashed continuously.

I have now found out that hugin is more of a ill-tamed wild animal: no one
exactly knows when he'll get mad, but if we scratch the back of his ears and
stay clear of his tail, he'll behave and will usually help us with it great
powers!

That being said, I am willing to help in developing the GUI and program. I
don't know anything about C but am fairly good in Java and I have had (and
passed with good result) some HCI courses in my study of Knowledge
Engeneering.

I have one question: Is this a general "tools for making panorama's" list, or
does it specify on hugin, autopano and emblend (or other tools as well)?

Tijmen