[ptx] auto fine-tune on large images

douglas wilkins dgswilkins at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 19 15:25:43 BST 2005

--- Bruno Postle <bruno at postle.net> wrote:
> On Thu 19-May-2005 at 16:49 +0300, Rich wrote:
> >
> > there probably is no way to run engine on one machine and frontend
> > on another ? :)
>
> Two ideas:
>
> - You can run everything on the faster machine and display it on
>   your laptop via remote X, just `ssh -X monster.machine hugin`
>
> - If both machines share the same home partition via NFS, you can
>   change just your enblend command to run on the faster machine:
>   `ssh monster.machine enblend`

If you are running linux on monster.machine, these two suggestions make
perfect sense (and make me wonder why I didn't think of it). You could use
the same technique as suggestion 2 to run PTOptimizer as well.

If monster.machine is a windows machine, things are a little trickier. :-)

This doesn't help with auto-tuning though.

regards,
Doug