[ptx] auto fine-tune on large images

Emmanuel emmanuel at favre-nicolin.net
Thu May 19 14:34:23 BST 2005

Le Jeudi 19 Mai 2005 07:39, Rich a écrit :
> note : i first sent this to pablo privately (didn't check reply
> address), now i'm adding some more info, too
>
> Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
> > Rich schrieb:
> >> auto fine-tune is a nice tool, but on large images autotuning single
> >> point can take a lot of time.
> >
> > How large are large images? And how many of them are in your project.
>
> this is a 360 panorama in two rows, totalling 30 images. first i merged
> both rows separately (by running enblend on them on a separate machine
> at the end - it had more ram and as a result process was much faster)

I use to have a desktop computer (AMD2400 RAM:768 Mo, a recent HD 7200tr/mn)
from which enblend runned reasonnably fast (as I thought it was already
slow). Now that I have a laptop (dothan 1.5 GHz, RAM:512 Mo, "slow" HD
5400tr/mn)., I know what slow is! I have the impression that enblend needs a
lot of memory. Does it charges (or need to charge) all images in RAM at the
same time??