[ptx] Hugin 0.5 beta 7 released

Philippe Gac tech at ediphi.org
Tue May 17 19:28:51 BST 2005

> > btw it would be nice to have a way to force selection of an existent
> > point (instead of creating a new one). Or, maybe, a
> > change of cursor shape when selecting.
>
> I'm not sure what you are asking for here. Could you perhaps explain
> how you want to use this?

It's often difficult to know whether your clicking on a circle will select the points associated or will begin creating
a new pair. Most of the time, the zoom is fitted to window so that you expect to select  a pair but in fact select
nothing and create some anew. If you want to  zoom, you have to use the zoom list box; it would be nice and practical to
have select-with-zooming as you have creating-with-zooming. Thus, I imagine that something like a shift-click could help
force selection while ctrl-click could force creation.

In any case, a change in cursor shape when selecting (as opposed to creating) would be very useful.

btw (but that's luxury!) a double-click could trigger (again) the search for a corresponding point after a selected
point has been moved.

regards

philippe