[ptx] new reference for stitching algorithms

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Mon May 9 08:03:16 BST 2005

Hello Aseem,

Very nice to hear for you! I haven't read the paper in full detail yet,
but on a first glance it looks very good, brings together many
things that have previously usually considered on its own.

I think that the best way to solve the alpha problem (at least from our
panoramic stiching standpoint) is the command line version. :) That
could be used instantly (well almost, except for command line option
changes) as a replacement for enblend :)

For heavier, later postprocessing tasks with your GUI it alpha channel
support would be nice indeed. But probably you've used the wxWindows
image loading functions that might throw away the alpha channel, which
will need to be replaced by something else (and maybe throughout the code).

Do you have plans for further development of the software, or do you
want to move on to other topics?

PS. I believe the "smartblend"
http://www.minorlogic.com/projects/smartblend/index.htm
software uses a very similar approach as your stitcher.