[ptx] Windows XP and Enblend... help request.

John McAllister spoim at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue May 3 20:24:11 BST 2005

I have been using Hugin and the associated applications for some time and I have been able to produce many good results. (and I have been following ptx)
I used Enblend from within another (commercial) application front-end (which proved very limited) and I was greatly impressed by Enblend's capabilities.
With the latest Hugin beta and Pablo's version of Enblend, I have been able to actually run Enblend, under Windows XP, from Nona.
Regrettably, Enblend reports "AdobeDeflate Compression support is not configured" and produces a blank output.
Firstly... What do I have to do to get Enblend running with my setup, under Nona ?
Second... How can I get Enblend running on its own ? I want to be able to make image adjustments prior to a final En-blend, preferably using 48bit input.
You brainy lot might like to see some of my output and my efforts to provide a wrap-around experience, built for low bandwidth, at www.panavista.co.uk .
I am currently using film and a film scanner in an attempt to get on top of the problem of large dynamic ranges in 360 degree exposure sets.
I am using a 24mm lens with an old Pentax ME mounted in portrait orientation (with a custom made bracket). This provides a 70 X 360 degree result from nine exposures, or 52 X 360 from six in landscape (see my websight !).
I would welcome correspondence around the subject of the practical applications of the marvellous tools now available to us... spoim at blueyonder.co.uk

Ol' farts salutations...