[ptx] help gentoo amd64 problems

Hal V Engel hvengel at astound.net
Tue Mar 29 09:45:07 BST 2005

On Friday 29 April 2005 12:01 am, Brian Innes wrote:
> Hal V Engel wrote:
> >I finally got around to trying to get Hugin working on my Gentoo amd64
> > machine today.   I installed Hugin using the hugin-0.5_beta4 ebuild that
> > is on bugs.gentoo.org.  This actually installs Hugin 0.5 beta3 but the
> > ebuild is for gcc 3.4 which is what is the stable version of gcc is on
> > Gentoo amd64. The installation worked and Hugin is running with only a
> > few Hugin specific problems which are minor.  But I am having significant
> > problems getting libpano12 working and autopano-sift/mono installed.
> > Perhaps someone here can help out.
> >
> ><snip>
>
> Brian Innes wrote:
> For what it is worth I have given up trying to get Mono + libgdiplus
> installed on my amd64 gentoo machine.  Not what you probably wanted to
> hear, but I've had no success at all with mono + libgdiplus, so I can
> live without autopano sift!

I found a bug report with a work around for the compile problem with mono
1.1.4.  It involves a change to the use variable in make.conf so it will took
awhile to build everything that was affected.  Mono 1.1.5 compiled and
installed.  So this is a big improvement over what I had going on before.  I
was going to finish off installing the other parts of mono and autopano-sift
tonight but autopano-sift fails with a compile error.  So I will will look at
this some more tomorrow.

Have you been able to get libpano12 working on your amd64 machine?