[ptx] Build problem with the CVS: `wxFIXED_MINSIZE

douglas wilkins dgswilkins at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 11 07:09:22 GMT 2005

--- Marek Januszewski <spec at webtech.pl> wrote:
> Marek Januszewski wrote:
> > douglas wilkins wrote:
> >

> >> I was adding scrolling support to the image
> buttons in
> >> the preview window .....
> >> Yes, another wxWidgets 2.5.x specific feature
> removed.
> >> Actually it removing it made the code cleaner :-)
> >

> > what happened to the scrollbars in beta3?
> > is it just Pablo's build or was it removed from
> source?

It has not been removed from the source. Problem is,
while it works well on wxGTK, it doesn't on wxMSW
:-(((
I am looking at alternative ways of coding this...

> I read "another wxWidgets 2.4 ... removed" :)
> so were all scrollbars removed?
>
> I think we should set some minimal versions (like wx
> >= 2.5), and not
> look back.

Personally I think that as soon as wx 2.6 is released
as the stable version (rather than 2.4) that it should
become the minimum version. That way, we would only
need 1 version of the XRC files, unlike at present,
and the defines used to separate version specific code
could be removed. It would also depend on the speed
with which 2.6 is packaged for all of the various
distributions.
Again, all of this depends on getting the wxMSW
version of wxScrolledWindow/wxSplitterWindow working
correctly.

regards,
Doug